Project Management Professional PMP® Preparation Workshop
George Kyriakidis is a senior Workshops Designer, Trainer and Facilitator (for more than 20 years) in Business Training. He holds master degrees in Business Administration (MBA) and long life and e-learning education...
In the past few decades, organizations have discovered something incredible: the principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create amazing success. As a result, many employees are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
This seminar specifically prepares you for the exam for Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. In the 42 hours intensive course you will learn about all the aspects of the project management process flow as well as the knowledge areas from the (Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK)® Guide (5th Edition).
Who should attend?
All professionals that wish to improve their productivity and project management skills. Project Managers whose goal is the PMP® Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certificate.
- Define projects, project management and project managers
- Identify the five process groups and nine knowledge areas as defined by the PMI®
- Describe the triple constraint
- Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements and deliverables
- Create key project documents
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Create project planning documents, such as a schedule, risk management plan and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram, and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project
- Perform basic management tasks, including leading status meetings and ensuring all documents are complete at the end of the project
The Training Method is Workshop. The philosophy is to ‘Learn by doing’, using Experiential Learning Techniques. Each participant will have to apply all the modules in practice in individual and group exercises and role plays.
Note: PMI, PMP, and PMBOK Guide are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.