Stylianos Mystakidis is E-learning Manager & Virtual Worlds Expert at the University of Patras in Greece. He designs innovative blended learning programs, develops Open Educational Resources and teaches in national, European and US universities. He has won national and international awards for innovative and effective use of open education and 3d virtual immersive environments. He has also extensive teaching experience (over 3,000 hours) in the private, public and non-profit sector.
* BSc & MSc, Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (National Technical University of Athens)
* Certified Moodle E-Learning platform Modification Professional
* Certified E-learning Course Professional Designer & Teacher (Open University of Catalonia)
* Certified Virtual Worlds Professional Designer, Developer and Teacher (University of Washington)
* Certified Gamification Designer (University of Pennsylvania)
* PMP ® Project Management Professional Certified (www.pmi.org)
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Mystakidis, S. (2013). 3d Virtual Immersive Learning Environments: Opportunities for Learning Innovation. [Textbook]. Case Study authored for the Open University of Catalonia.
- Kostopoulos, K., Giannopoulos, K., Mystakidis, S. & Chronopoulou, K. (2013). E-learning through Virtual Reality applications. The case of Career Counseling. 20th International Conference on Learning, Rhodos, Greece, 11-13 July 2013.
- Kostopoulos, K., Giannopoulos, K., Mystakidis, S. & Chronopoulou, K. (2012). Virtual Reality applications in Career Counseling. International Scientific Hellenic Society of Counselling and Guidance Conference, Pireus, Greece, 8 December 2012.
- Mystakidis, S. & Tsakonas, G. (2012). Innovative Information Literacy Blended Open E-Learning Course in Virtual Worlds. 21st Panhellenic Academic Libraries Conference, Pireus, Greece, 18-19 October 2012.
- Lampropoulos, N., Mystakidis, S., Reinhardt, R. & Tolis, D. (2012). Immersive Worlds for Learning eXperience+: Engaging users in the zone of proximal flow in Second Life. EADTU 25th anniversary conference 2012.The role of open and flexible education in European higher education systems for 2020: new models, new markets, new media, Paphos, Cyprus, 27-28 September 2012.
- Mystakidis, S. (2012). Total Language Training: How Virtual Worlds will define the Future of Language Learning. 6th SLanguages conference, Second Life, 28-30 September 2012
- Lampropoulos, N. & Mystakidis, S. (2012). Learning Experience+ within 3D Immersive Worlds. Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems conference, Wrocław, Poland, 9-12 September, 2012.
- Hill V. & Mystakidis S. (2012). Maya Island Virtual Museum. 18th International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia. Virtual Systems in the Information Society, Milan, Italy, 2-5 September 2012. IEEE
- Mystakidis S. & Gadler-Pratt A. (2012). iHUB: Fast Track Virtual Worlds Education – Best Practices of Instructional Design, Development of 3D Learning Environments and Teaching in Virtual Worlds. Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds. Inspire the Future, Washington D.C., USA, 16-18 May 2012. NDU
- Mystakidis, S. (2012). Tapping the Potential of Open Blended Courses in Virtual Worlds. Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference 2012, Second Life, 15-17 March 2012.
- Mystakidis, S., Gadler-Pratt, A., Gay-McCarter, B. & Kirkwood, K. (2012). The Saga of UW Maya Island: Digital storytelling, context- and game-based learning in Virtual Worlds. Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference 2012, Second Life, 15-17 March 2012.
- Hill, V., Mystakidis, S., Brock-Richmond, R. & Hayes, G. (2012). Past, Present and Future of Virtual Worlds Education. Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference 2012, Second Life, 15-17 March 2012.
- Mystakidis S. (2008). Engineers 2.0 – Web 2.0 tools for Engineers Handbook. E-Engineers Program